I have been playing MMORPGS without sound for 15 years - but New World has changed

New World has only appeared recently, but has already left some positive impressions at MeinMMO-author Mark Sellner. Just the sound thrilled him most, so he turns up the sound loud place else to seem him as in MMORPGs.

For 15 years, I play MMORPGs and many of them have one thing in common: The sound is often irrelevant. Even if in recent years a trend became apparent and MMORPGs new content and exciting stories offered, I can not drop the habit.

Many of the older MMORPGs and with it my first online games like Last Chaos Silkroad Online and Dekaron had indeed sound that was completely negligible. Dialogues were anyway not set to music and actually you only have the exact same three sounds heard over and over again.

The quest design in the older MMOs usually did not go beyond Kill 20 X and Group 15 Y. So you went from a certain level anyway always the same and all sounded the same or at least similar to.

I decided soon to simply turn off the sound in the games and listen to music instead., Play later than the date on which my former favorite MMO Dekaron pasted an MP3 player where you own MP3s and was able to mute the game audio, I realized that I can not be the only one who turned off the sound.

Even if the games were set to music more sophisticated, and as many more offered as five different sound effects, my behavior has changed little. In my last Addiction MMORPG Guild Wars 2 I have always deactivated the sound and all the most times Story Episode reactivated the latest.

For in newer and great MMORPGs today soundscape is nice and definitely better than before. but still offers little added value.

Save more atmosphere and dialogs that I can hear, instead of reading it, I have nothing of the sound in the MMORPG. Then I can listen directly on music. Thus, the determined in the new New World be, I thought. Yeah, well, think again.

Who writes here? Mark s MMORPG author at MeinMMO and for many years in various MMOs go. Sound never played for him a particularly important role, but New World has apparently changed. Why New World makes him reach for thousands and thousands of hours of silent MMORPGs to the headset of all, he tells us here.

New World to - headphones on

If I need sound for a game, I choose most of my headphones. Easy to be closer. At each shooter the quasi duty. Even more so when Hunt: Showdown, the personal Shooter my confidence, because no sound is nothing there.

Why? The tone in Hunt: Showdown brings not only incredibly full of atmosphere, it is also incredibly important to the gameplay. This is in many shooters so, but in very few MMORPGs.

New World adapts this concept but very good. The MMORPG does things that I hear an important point in the gameplay. The rest of the sound is as good switched to bother me not a bit from suddenly no longer hear any music, but the sound of New World to listen.

The sound of New World has for myself a lot in common with the excellent sound of Hunt: Showdown. Most of all, he gives you a tangible advantage over those who play without sound: You hear things long before you see them.

This is quite practical in many gameplay Sitatuationen and is beneficial to your game experience. You hear opponents that you run after. Your even hear whether there are humanoid opponents or whether there is a pig, a skeleton or a tiger running after you. turn without you.

Also resources are easier to find if you listen to the game. It sounds namely differently when someone breaks down as iron ore, as when in magnetite or star metal. If you listen closely, you therefore know even where their precious resources found.

Also, you can clearly hear where in your environment takes place just a struggle. The swords that bounce from shields, echoing similar far above the landscape like musket shots fired. Basically, the sound can replace the map to a certain extent.

But even without any real benefits playful I hear the island of New World like to, because the sound design is great.

One hears immediately where you are

The World of the New World, so the island Aeternum is divided into different areas. These not only differ visually from the others, they have all a unique soundscape.

This is not just the music that brings each zone. The wildlife is another and that you hear it clearly. Sure, in some areas more and sometimes less, but always I can listen out in which the territories I am currently being.

It became particularly clear to me when I traveled from the dark swamp Webermoor to the tropical cane reef. The entire noise is another. It sounds partly like another game and that s great.

This is strengthening for me only the effect of the home, when you return to the area that you prefer. I hear the local flora and fauna out and knows, I m right back home. Can empty my inventory, craft and play with the dog on my porch.

EHR to New World on MeinMMO

(MMORPG) New World - Making Sound

Everything about the 133 legendary weapons and how you get In New World Farms Bots Your Ear - Ingenious Trick Sabotages Your Work I have so much fun in New World as never before, but one annoying: her other player

New World sounds bombastic good

Sound is something that every player perceives themselves and different. But the noise of New World is also made of an objective point of view made of grandios.

Whether it s the ax that bounces with swing on the woods of a tree, clinking the metal when a sword hit a sign, or your pickpock, if you rammert you greedy in the stone. New World sounds bombastic and I can not listen to the game.

And so after 15 years, in which I stumpled by MMORPGS, New World is just the title that changes my habits. A game I did not want to look at, but I ve never stayed perfectly.

And before I go back to Aerneum after writing this text, I set up my headphones and do it louder, because New World deserves that.

how do you see it? Just keep me a crazy, because I have played a felt eternity long MMORPGS without sound or is there anyone like me out there? Do you like the noise of New World or do not need it for you for you? Write us in the comments here at Meinmmo.

An activity where you can enjoy the sound properly is fishing. But that s not just relaxing, but also crazy useful:

If you want to be really strong in New World, you have to go fishing

Comments

Popular Posts